Friday 22 October 2010

Fruity Aubergine and Rice

To balance out a really boring post about school, I'm making a post of the delicious recipe we created the other day. I haven't been able to try much local food because it's not especially veggie friendly, but luckily, there are loads of FRUITS! So this is my fruity recipe which we had for dinner the other night:

Ingredients
  • a pineapple - preferably fresh, cut into chunks
  • a banana - quite yellow, chopped in rounds
  • coconut milk - I used about 150ml
  • mild curry powder
  • a few cloves of garlic, chopped
  • aubergine
  • chinese cabbage, chopped into big leafy sections I have no idea how much I used, but it was kinda a quite big bunch
  • tom yum soup mix - anything similarly hot and a bit sour will do
Fry the aubergine in a wok or big pan. When it starts to go soft, add a big sprinkle of curry powder. Keep frying. Add coconut milk, pineapple, banana and tom yum soup mix(according to taste). Cook until everything seem pretty much done, the banana has probably disintegrated by then. Add the chinese cabbage, cook for a couple of minutes. Serve with rice.

I think a handful of cashew nuts would probably be good added to this recipe when serving, and the spice is to adjust however spicy you like things.

No comments:

Post a Comment