Sunday 19 June 2011

Hot summer tracks

My top 5 tracks.. guaranteed heatwave! Some of these are tracks that get played here; some of them are just tracks that rock.

1. Buraka Som Sistema- Hangover (Bababa). This IS the best track you'll hear all year, turn your bass up.
2. Flavour - Nwa baby
This track from Nigerian Flavour Nabania is big here in French Guiana at the moment as a faster, more bootyshake-friendly remix. Here's the original:
3. Tonymix - pwent pye
A buddy showed me this. This is Rap Kreyol- Haitian rap. banger! Pwent pye means point your foot. I don't know what point your foot means.
4. Basic One & Jeon - Wak Su Bumper
It's not clever but it does make me dance! This track gets played lots on the music channels here, it's from a Dutch Carribean island I think.
5. Wayne Smith - Under me Sleng Teng
Not new or fresh but always a track I love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment